A stock option gives an investor the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell a stock at an agreed-upon price and date. There are two types of options: puts, which is a bet that a stock will fall, or calls, which is a bet that a stock will rise.
Learn About Options Trading
In this episode, we discuss the basics of stock options and what to consider before getting into options trading.
About Dr. Lobo
Stocks4Docs is hosted by Dr. Viveta Lobo, a practicing emergency medicine physician. Growing up, the world of finances, stocks, and investing held no natural interest for her. She focused her energy on pursuing medicine as a career, leaving her with little time for anything else.
Growing up, the world of finances, stocks, and investing held no natural interest for her.
After almost ten years in practice, she found herself busier than ever, managing a full-time practice, two small kids, and a household. As a frontline worker during the COVID-19 pandemic, she was challenged with the hard realization that her financial future and freedom were not in her control.Learn More
- Is It Time to Invest in an Index Fund? posted on April 6, 2021
- Value Investing: The Circle of Competence posted on March 24, 2021
- Principles of Value Investing: Moat posted on March 31, 2021
- Interview With Bonnie Koo MD posted on June 2, 2021
- Christine Benz: Building a Simpler Financial Plan posted on May 5, 2021
- The Four Principles of Value Investing: Part 1 posted on March 24, 2021
- Types of Investing posted on March 7, 2021
- Interview with Dr. Mena Ramos and Dr. Kevin Bergman posted on December 15, 2021