A bond is a fixed-income instrument that represents a loan made by an investor to a borrower (typically corporate or governmental). A bond could be thought of as an I.O.U. between the lender and borrower that includes the details of the loan and its payments. Bonds are used by companies, municipalities, states, and sovereign governments to finance projects and operations. Owners of bonds are debtholders, or creditors, of the issuer.
Should I Invest in Bonds?
What is a bond? Is it a good time to buy them?
About Dr. Lobo
Stocks4Docs is hosted by Dr. Viveta Lobo, a practicing emergency medicine physician. Growing up, the world of finances, stocks, and investing held no natural interest for her. She focused her energy on pursuing medicine as a career, leaving her with little time for anything else.
Growing up, the world of finances, stocks, and investing held no natural interest for her.
After almost ten years in practice, she found herself busier than ever, managing a full-time practice, two small kids, and a household. As a frontline worker during the COVID-19 pandemic, she was challenged with the hard realization that her financial future and freedom were not in her control.Learn More
- Is It Time to Invest in an Index Fund? posted on April 6, 2021
- Value Investing: The Circle of Competence posted on March 24, 2021
- Principles of Value Investing: Moat posted on March 31, 2021
- Interview With Bonnie Koo MD posted on June 2, 2021
- Learn the Basics of Stock Market Investing posted on March 7, 2021